What is the Personal Services Program?
The Personal Services Program assists individuals in the province of New Brunswick who have no ability to rent or purchase equipment, no medical coverage, and no other agency is able to provide the services requested. Although ESNB is known for loaning mobility equipment, we also offer financial assistance for travel to attend medical appointments and to purchase items we cannot recycle (e.g., orthopedic footwear). You can find the application form under Programs --> Application forms
How it Works
- Referrals from health professionals are addressed on an individual basis by a client coordinator to determine need and appropriateness.
- Each clients information is treated confidentially and requests are responded to in a timely fashion.
- A large inventory of recyclable rehabilitation equipment is maintained and loaned on a long term basis to eligible clients.
- Offers the first contact for persons with disabilities.
- Provides long-term loans of equipment, financial aid for non-reusable items such as orthopedic shoes and occasional loans to purchase devices.
- Assists with funding for medical or rehabilitation related transportation.
- Accepts referrals from occupational, speech or physio-therapists, VON or public health nurses, extra-mural hospital staff or physicians.